Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Masculine?

So I needed a masculine birthday card recently and I pulled this one out of my stash of recently made cards.  My husband looked at it and said, "I thought you needed a guy card?".    Since he is actually a guy, I should probably take his word for it that it is not a guy card.  What do you think?  I was going to give it to an older gentleman, so I thought it would work.  What I decided to do is work on some more masculine cards so that I have some on hand when this comes up again.  Its so much easier to make pretty things, as least for me anyway.  I like flowers and ribbons and bows and butterflies, those are not masculine!
 I still like this card though, so I will refile it in my women cards and consider it good for late summer, early fall birthdays. I used my blender pens to color the image. Blender pens are clear (I think glycerin) pens that you can use with your ink pads or watercolor pencils, to create a softer colored look. You can achieve many color tones and shadows that you just cant do with regular markers.  You can see this in the cattails and the birds belly.  I also like to add an outline around the whole image to make it stand out more, like there is a shadow.  I used River Rock for the outline color, More Mustard for the bird, and Early Espresso and Always Artichoke for the stems.  If I manage to make any cards that my husband agrees actually are masculine, I'll let you know : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!