Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Circle of Butterflies

I don't often make circle cards and I'm not sure why not because they are so cute!  This card was made for a challenge at, you guessed it, www.splitcoaststampers.com.  I'm having a lot of fun with all of these challenges.  I used the "Big Shot" to cut out the large scallop circle in Early Espresso, and the inner whisper White circle.  The Circle die that I used for the white circle is actually a clear die, so I was able to glue the strip of Rose Red Designer Series paper onto the white, then line it up where I wanted on the die.  Because I could see through the die, it worked very nicely.  I also decided to add a strip of Certainly Celery punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch.   I used markers to ink up the sentiment.  I love making the sentiment in multiple colors.  For this one, I used Early
Espresso and Rose Red.  I've been using that combo a lot lately- hope you're not getting sick of it!  The butterflies and sentiment are from a set called "Butterfly Prints".  This is another set that has a matching paper punch! So Easy! I stamped then punched out the butterflies, but then I had to cut out the little butterfly bodies. I have to say I wish there was a punch for the bodies, too.  I made the butterflies stand off the base by attaching them with dimensional stickers.  Because the card base is so dark, I added another Whisper White circle to the inside of the card, so that a person can write a greeting.  I also stamped a butterfly inside too:)
There are several ways you can make a circle card open, but I opted for the easiest, a brad.  I had my paper piercer and brads out on my desk from the lighthouse card, so I just grabbed them.   I hope that you like today's project.  Thanks for stopping by.  Remember, if you have any questions about the projects of products used here, feel free to send me an email.  I'd love to hear from you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!