Thursday, October 27, 2011

Field Flowers Thank You

Todays card is again for a challenge on splitcoaststampers.  This challenge was to make a card thanking those caregivers who do so much for those going though cancer.  I just sent out a pack of cards yesterday to the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, and I hope to have another pack all set to go out early next week.  This challenge was set up by Cathleen Torina, who is an expert at bows!  I usually try to avoid bows and just go for a knot.  Since this challenge was from Cathleen though, I decided to go with a full bow.  Hopefully she will not be too embarrassed for me!  Seriously, her bows are amazing!!  I threw a few pearls on my flowers in a nod to her way with embelishments, too!  The stamp set I used for this card is called Field Flowers, and the stamps are "Two-Step stamps".  This means that you have two or more stamps that work together to make up the finished image.  I stamped to base image in the lighter color, Pretty in Pink used
here.  Then I used Regal Rose with the top layer stamp.  The flower center was stamped the same way, with Crumb Cake and Soft Suede.  I stamped the images on very vanilla and then cut them out.  I stamped the stem on some First Edition Designer Series Paper in Always Artichoke.
I sprayed my card base with some Gold Glow Smooch Spritz, unfortunalty its hard to see in the picture but its really pretty in real life.  I also distressed the edges of the center image with some Crumb Cake ink and by distressing the edges of the paper.
 Want to see one of Cathleen's Bows?  check out her Gallery here at Cathleen's Gallery





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!