Thursday, October 13, 2011

YUMMY!

I just love it when that brown UPS truck parks in front of my house and a new box with "Stampin' Up!" marked all over it gets dropped at my door.  This time it brought me new goodies that I can EAT! Well, I can't eat them, but I can bake with them.  Those that know me, know that I love to bake. I was super happy when Stampin' UP! announced the new "cookie press stamps".   They found a way to combine my two favorite things!  So, I enlisted the help of my kids to help me to try out the included recipes! They wanted to make the pumpkin faces, but I wanted to try them all. 
Jillian and Zachary loved rolling the dough into balls and then rolling the balls in sugar.  They took turns "squishing" the cookie balls. I used the recipes that came with the cookie stamps.  The smell was so good, we couldn't wait for them to be done!

My intention was to make up a few to give to my oldest son David's teacher. Tomorrow is her birthday.  I had prepared this cute box to put them in.  The good thing is that the box turned out cute and I'll use it.  The bad thing is that I wont be using it for these cookies.  The cookies are on the big side, the box is too small!
Here is how I made the box.  The box is from the Holiday mini catalog.  I think its always good to have a few of these boxes around.  Stampin' Up usually has a box of some sort each winter.  I wrapped the box with some ribbon, in such a way that it can be easily slipped off.  I used sticky strip to attach the ribbon to itself.  I made my tails separately so that they lay flat.
The Stamp is called Homemade.  It is sold all by itself, so its a great price and so useful for bakers like me! I stamped it twice, once in Wild Wasabi, and again in Rose Red.  I punched one out with the large scallop punch (the stamp is made to fit the punches-how perfect!) and on the other I just punched out the center.  I layer them and stuck them onto the ribbon with some dimensional.  Easy and cute! But, I had to make something else for the teachers cookies, and i turned to the boxes from a few years back! I love these!
And, they are on the Clearance rack right now in a pack of 5 for $0.99.  Super Deal.  The Rose Red ribbon is on the clearance rack, too.  The clearance rack is a good place to check when you place an order,  you never know what you'll find to add to your order.  Don't forget, if you do decide to make a purchase, go through my site so that you get the preferred pricing.   And, so I can send you a thank you!
David gives this project a thumbs up!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!