Friday, November 4, 2011

Denim and Kraft

I really like the new Denim Ribbon.  Its a great addition to my ribbon collection, and works perfectly with Kraft (now called Crumb Cake) paper, my all time favorite paper for card bases.  Today's project was for a challenge over at SUO (Stampin' Up! Only) Challenges.  This is a blog that sponsors Stampin' Up Challenges for both Stampin' Up! Demonstrators and Customers.  I have just recently learned of this blog and I really like it, it is a great source of inspiration.  The challenge this week was Thinking of You, I acidentaly made a thank you, so I'll make a different one for the Challenge :).  This time of year there are so many people to thank, especially after Christmas.  I thought I would make a Snowflake card to reflect the winter season, but I didn't want to use Christmas colors since I would most likely use this card after Christmas.  I started with a base of Crumb cake, and cut another piece 1/2 inch smaller than the base.  I randomly stamped snowflakes from the set "Snow Swirled".  I like to keep my "Random" somewhat orderly, for example, I use one color for each size, and try not to stamp too many, so that it is not too cluttered.   I assigned the largest stamp White Craft ink, the middle size, Night of Navy, and the smallest snowflake gets Crumb Cake.   I then used a sponge to add White Craft ink on the edges of the paper.  It sort of looks like a frosty window.  
I then wrapped the paper in the Denim Ribbon, and tied a knot.  I then added the top piece to the base with dimensionals, so that it stands off the base just a little.  Next I made my tag.  I used the two sizes of Tag Punches, but I added a notch to the bottoms.  One way I make my notches is to find the center of your paper, then mark it with a pencil, going as high as you want your notch to go.  Once you've made your mark, you can just snip from the corner up to the top of your pencil mark.
Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you found some inspiration today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!