Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year!

Several Christmas cards didn't make it out the door this year.  Instead of just saying "oh well, better luck next year", I decided to make a few Happy New Years cards and send those instead. I used the Large Medallion Background stamp, heat embossed with silver embossing powder.  Seeing the powder melt into shinny beautifulness when I heat it up never gets old.  I made the numbers with my big shot die cutting machine and the Timeless Type die cuts. The paper is Basic Black and Brushed Silver.  I used a silver sharpie to write on the inside of the card.  I often use a layer of a lighter color of card stock when my card base is dark, too dark to write a greeting on, but since the card was black and silver, I thought the silver sharpie worked very nicely.  
A quick reminder, the Holiday Mini Catalog ends in just a few short days, so if there is anything you had your eye on, you should get it now.  And, I have learned from Stampin' Up! that they will not be carrying the Stocking builder punch and matching stamp set in the next big catalog that comes out in July.  Bummed for sure, I love punches! so if you wanted that one, you best get it asap.

I'm off to movie night!  We rented a movie for the kids and we're going to have pizza and popcorn.  Then we're off to Iowa to visit grandma.  See you in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!