Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hot Chocolate!

YUMMY!  Nice and warm Hot Chocolate on a cold winter night.  I plan to give these to the crossing guards who stand at the corners on our way to school.  One of them, Miss Ruth, has been at my corner for 12 years now.   The kids all love to tell her what they did at school that day.  She has been greeting my children since befor they even were old enough for school, calling David  "Baby Choo-Choo" when we would go out for walks to see the train.
I started out by measuring the hot chocolate packet.  In this case, I cut my paper at 6 3/4 by 7 inches.  I used sticky strip to close the bottom and sides of the pouch, making the seem in the middle of the back.  I rolled it like a tube and then flattened it.  Next, I punched a  hole in the top for the ribbon, going through both the front and the back.   The hot chocolate pops up when you pull on the ribbon, so you need a lenght of ribbon that is long enough to go all the way around the hot chocolate pouch, with enough left to go through the holes and tie a bow. 



Next you need to stuff the hot chocolate into your pouch, bringing the ribbon through your punched holes.  Then tie your ribbon.  Now you just need to decorate your pouch.  I used the ornaments from the Tree Trimmings stamp set, and the sentiment from the Merry Winter.   The sentiment reads "snowy days, frosty nights, warm hearts".  I added some glitter for a touch of sparkle.
This pouch is great for gift cards too!
Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you enjoy todays projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!