Monday, December 5, 2011

Reindeer food!

Don't just leave cookies for Santa, put out a treat for his reindeer, too!  I've made "Reindeer Food" for my kids for a few years now.  They seem to get a kick out of it.  This year I used the little 1 x 8 cello bags from Stampin' Up!  These bags worked like a charm!  In the past I've used sandwich bags or other clear bags, but the little cello bags are nice because you don't need as much "Reindeer Food" to fill them up :)
I bought wild bird seed for the food.  I'm sure this is not what real reindeer would like to eat.  You need use something that the outdoor critters in your area will eat, or the kids will be upset if it doesn't seem to have been eaten.   I made the reindeer with the owl punch, just cut off the little feet.  The antlers are made from the Swirls Scribbles Die.  The red glimmer paper is great for a Rudolph nose! 

I printed off the poem on my computer.  There are several versions online, this one is one of the shorter versions, so I think it works nicely on a tag.  I added a scallop trim on the tag, as well as some red ribbon and a jingle bell, just for fun.




















Just a few simple changes make this a nice gift for the bird lovers you may know.  You can turn Stampin' Up's Bird Builder punch in to just about any type of bird.  I made it into a cardinal by adding a point to its head and some black to it's face.  I like to glue my little flower (from the boho blossom punch) directly to the red paper and then punch out the bird.  I used an extra wing for the point on the head.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!