Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!

It's my Dad's birthday! Happy Birthday dad!   This card was made with a new stamp set from Stampin' Up! called "Packed for Dad".  There is also a "Packed for Mom", "Packed for Birthday" and "Packed for Baby".   They are sold individually or in a bundle.  They have a lot of little objects to color in, so they are perfect for a technique called the Spotlight technique.  For this technique you need circle punches in at least 2 sizes.  First stamp your background in black.  Then you stamp it again in black on a piece of scrap paper, and punch out the area you want to highlight with your circle punch.  Then, color in your circle images, and layer the circle onto a larger circle punched from a co-ordinating color of cardstock.















I colored my images in with some ink from the lids of my ink pads and a blender pen.  The colors I have used here are Pacific Point and Old Olive.  There is also a bit of Basic Grey, Crumb Cake and Riding Hood Red in the colored images.  That little corduroy button is from the Clearance Rack over at Stampin' Up!  The Clearance Rack is a great place to find ribbon and buttons to add cute details to your projects, and at a great price.  The "Happy Birthday"  and "Dad" stamps are also from the new Occasions Mini Catalog, from a set called "Loved Ones".  I know that set will get a lot of use in both card making and scrapbooking!
Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. Great looking card. I've been trying to figure out how to use my Packed for Everything Stamps. I can see how well this works and will give it a try! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!