Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Another take

I took Kathy's layout from yesterday and made it in a darker blue version.  I really wanted to use my denim ribbon :)  My main image is stamped on a cut out from the Labels Collection Framelits Dies.  The stamps are from Vintage Vogue stamp set.  I used Night of Navy, Always Artichoke, and Crumb Cake.  The patterned paper is Well Worn.  I used brads from the Vintage Trinkets and Antique Brads Embellishments.  This time, the tiny tag is a "Mini Vintage Tag".  I thought it worked nicely because it has a slightly rusty look to it, which works well with the rusty colors in the paper. 
I made a faux bow by wrapping a piece of denim ribbon around the cardstock and adhering the ends with glue dots.  Next I cut small scraps of ribbon in both the Denim and Crochet Trim and tied them around the wrapped piece of denim.  This way you get your knot exactly where you want it.
I then glued the finished card front onto a card base of Crumb Cake. 
I have to admit, I like Kathy's cheery version better :)  but I am happy with how this one turned out.
Thanks for stopping by.! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!