Monday, April 9, 2012

Tie Dye Flowers

This card uses a technique I haven't used in a long time.  It's called the baby wipe technique.   I recently saw a cute card here on fellow stamper Monica Gale's blog, that I wanted to try.  It was a fun card to make, so I had to make a few versions.  The baby wipe technique uses, you guessed it, a baby wipe, with some ink drops on it.   For this card I used Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz, and Peach Parfait.  The baby wipe becomes your ink pad.  Normally I would say to "tap tap tap" your stamp onto your ink pad to really ink it up, but in this case, you can only press down once or your colors will get all mixed up if you hit the ink in a different spot. 

I think three colors is a good amount, you don't want to use too many.  On a side note, a good way to pick color combinations is to look at what colors are in some of your favorite Designer Series Paper.  For this card, I knew I wanted to use some of the retiring "In Color" colors, so I looked at the catalog at the papers and found one that used both Poppy Parade and Peach Parfait, the colors I wanted to use.  I saw that the papers also used Pear Pizzazz, so I decided to use that as my third color.
The card Template is from a Challenge over at www.Splitcoaststampers.com.  This is one of my favorite paper craft websites.  They have a whole bunch of challenges every day, each with different themes.  The challenges I tend to do the most are the Stampin' Up! creative crew challenges and the color combination challenges.  You can find the challenges on the home page about 2/3 of the way down on the right side margin. 
Here is the card I made based on Monica's card.  I stamped the image, then ran the paper through the Big Shot with the Frames Embossing Folder.  I added the tag by Punching a hole through the tag, and pulling both ends of the ribbon through the hole, then tieing a knot.  The colors in this tie dye are also taken straight from the patterned paper, Pear Pizzazz, Melon Mambo, and Concord Crush. I made a matching envelope for this card too!    
To make the matching envelope, just add glue to the outside of the flap, making sure to get all the way to the edges.  Place it on the patterned paper, then cut around the flap.    Below is the card with matching envelope.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!