Thursday, September 6, 2012

Comfort Cafe Hybrid cards





What is a Hybrid card?  A Hybrid card is one that uses both real and digital element's in the same project.  In this case I made the background paper in My Digital Studio, the digital program from Stampin' Up!  The stitching and Comfort Cafe patterned paper are both digital images.  I made four digital card fronts on an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of whisper white paper.  Then I added some real stamped images and a real button on top.  The Stamp set is called Friendship Preserves.  I cut out the stamped image with the Window frames dies.   The Window Frames Dies also have a matching paper piercing template.  I love products that co-ordinate with each other. 
This next card used another of my digi backgrounds, as well as the Friendship Preserves stamp set.  This time I set the stamped image on a paper rosette.  There are several ways to make a paper rosette.  This way is one of the fastest and I think the easiest.  You need a scallop circle punch, whatever size you like.  Punch out two scallop circles and then make a score line across the circle between all the valleys between the scallop.  The score lines should go straight across the middle. 
Here are my scored circles.  You can use something like this score board, or you can just fold the circles in half.
Next you make a cut in the scallop circle from between one of the scallops to the center.  Do this on both circles.  Then, you fan fold the circle on your score lines.  When fan folding, first do one where the ends go down, and then on your second one make the ends start up.  Then nest the two circles together with a bit of glue.  Your done!
These rosettes are great on scrapbook pages and treat holders, cards and more.  And, they are fun!  
Thanks for stopping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!