Monday, September 3, 2012

Tweet Leaves

I have been asked to be on the "Creative Crew" over at my favorite site Splitcoaststampers.  The Creative Crew is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators who make cards and other projects using Stampin' Up! products to showcase items from the catalog and offer up some stampin' inspiration for visiters to the Splitcoast Stampers Gallery.  The leaders of the Creative Crew gove us Four monthy challenges.  One of the Challenges for this month was to make a Fall themed card, with a bit of sewing on the project.  Fall is probably my favorite time of year, weather wise.  I love the colors of fall and the cool air.  This new stamp set "Tweet Leaves" was one of the first stamp sets I bought out of the new Holiday Mini Catalog.  I new it would be great in my favorite colors and I loved the leaf shape to the image.  I colored the main image with my markers (cajun craze, more mustard, old olive, always artichoke, summer starfruit, cherry cobler and early espresso).  Stampin' Up! sells a co-ordinating Bigz Die for this stamp set that cuts out the leaf shape, as well as a few other leaf shapes.  I used the Die to make a mask, then used a sponge to ink around the mask to reveal the shape of the leaf around the stamp image.  That was a long sentence, hope it made sense : )  
 I cut the leaves out with a clear transparency sheet so I would be able to see where I placed the mask.








Can you see the clear transperancy over the image?










Here is a close up.  My sewing element was the stitching I added at the corners.  I thought the linen thread looked sort of nest like?  See that paper in the background?  That is the new "core'dinations" card stock.  It has a co-ordinating colored core, so when you tear or sand or dry emboss, you get the see the inside core color.  I used my woodgrain embossing folder and then lightly sanded to reveal the lighter crumb cake center. 




here is a before and after of the paper.




Thanks for stopping by!  Check out the Creative Crew at Splitcoast Stampers






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!