Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Newsprint Ornaments




 I love the Holiday Ornaments Framelits and have used them for cards and scrapbook pages and ornaments.  Fun!  This card was made for the Creative Crew Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.  We were challenged to make projects using the First Edition Specialty paper, which is the newsprint paper you see here.  But, no mess like you would get if you used real newspapers :)  And, the 3D ornaments can be flattened to mail. 
 To make the ornaments, I cut LOTS of ornaments out with my Big Shot.  You can cut through a few layers of paper at a time.
I cut out three layers thick in several of the shapes. The Framelits come with 8 ornament shapes.  
I then folded all the ornaments in half, and burnished them with the bone folder to make sure the crease was good.  I used the new Silicone Craft Sheets to add a strip of glue (tombo multi purpose) the length of  the ornament.  I then placed them onto the glue strip, about 5 folded ornaments back to back per glue strip.



You can see on this picture how I have several of these groups of folded ornaments going.  Then you just have to let them sit for a while to dry.  Have dinner or leave them over night.  When they are dry you can just peel them off like a sticker. 
To add glitter I put some glue on a sponge and applied it to the edges. 
I then rolled them in some glitter.
 
If you are going to use them on a card, you are done with them, but you can put two together to make an ornament.  Add a piece of ribbon to the back after you peel if off the silicone, then stick two of your groupings together to make the ornament.




I added some pretty bows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!