Thursday, September 5, 2013

Truly Grateful

I really like the Soft Sky / Chocolate Chip combo, so I am Truly Grateful that Stampin' Up! brought back Soft Sky this year!  I made these cards for Stamp Camp last week and I posted a picture of them in a blog post about the new Envelope Punch Board, but I guess the card was just sort of background material in the post, so I thought I would show it a little more closely this time.  The stamp set is called Truly Grateful.  The strip of paper in the background is from the Sweater Weather DSP pack (LOVE).   I embossed the Soft Sky paper with the Wood grain Embossing Folder, another favorite! 
 I used a sponge to add some ink around all the pieces. 















I then stamped all my images.  See my Oops?  I caught the edge of my stamp in the ink.  Bummer.  But, it ended up OK because I covered it up with an acorn, which I ended up liking so much I did them all that way :)









I used blender pens to color in the acorn and wheat. 
















Another version.

















Thanks for stopping by today!!

2 comments:

  1. Someone once told me this and I've used it every since, "There are no mistakes in cardmaking, only opportunities for embellishments." I think it originally applied to scrapbooking, but since then I've been with SU and cardmaking, so adjusted it! LOL

    Love the card, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fall card. Just purchased this stamp set and love it !!!! Love the colors that you used.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!