Monday, October 28, 2013

Festive Flurry Ornament card

Happy Monday everyone.  I have an actual project to share today!  Seems like the last few posts have been all about Stampin' Up! specials!  But there have been so many fun things going on, so I had no choice really :)  In Fact, really quick, I want to make sure you know that today is the last day of the 25% of 25 stamps sale.  And tomorrow will be the Tuesday special.  OK, now on to the card!  This card features a fun snowflake that lifts off to become an ornament for the tree.  I really like the new Festive Flurry snowflake set and matching framelits.  I know they are a little pricey, but I have been getting a lot of use out of them.  They make fun cards but are also large enough for scrapbooks and home decorating too.  And if you buy the stamps and framelits together in a bundle, you save a little bit too.   To make the ornament I used three of the four snowflake sizes.  I stamped the largest and smallest in silver metallic Encore ink, the middle size is in Pool Party.  I used a dimensional in between each layer and added a beautiful Rhinestone "Frosted Finishes Embellishment" in the center. 

I used the new "Expressions Thinlits Dies " to cut out the "Merry".  I cut them out of the Foil paper that is in the Holiday Mini catalog.  So pretty! 










To make the snowflake removable I used a 1 inch circle punch, cut in half and glued only at the bottom to the card base.  I then used a 3/4 circle glued only at the top to the back of the snowflake.  The smaller circle fits into the larger half circle, like a pocket.  I attached some silver ribbon to the top of the snowflake to use to hang on the tree. 
Festive Flurry Bundle - Wood mount #133284 $54.95  cling mount #133285 $46.95



Expressions Thinlets # 132171 $24.95
Thanks for Stopping by!!  Don't forget to check out the online specials tomorrow for the new Weekly deals, or today for the last day of 25% off 25 stamp sets!
 
 

1 comment:

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!