Thursday, November 21, 2013

MDS Blog Hop


Its MDS Blog Hop time again!  I love MDS (My Digital Studio to those who are unfamiliar) and so do the others on the Blog Hop.  We are a group of Ten Demonstrators who link up our blogs twice a month to highlight Stampin' Up's Digital Software program "My Digital Studio".  On the first hop of the month we have a theme.  On the second hop of the month we feature "What are we working on".  You may have just hopped to me from the talented Cori's blog!  If not, follow the link at the end of my post and hop from blog to blog until you get back to me, that way you wont miss a single project on the Blog Hop Tour!  You wont be disappointed!  On to my project.   What I am working on is Christmas cookie containers!  Every year for the past 20 years (yikes) my friend Jackie and I get together to bake Christmas cookies.  While shopping at a restaurant supply store, and what crafter doesn't, I noticed some fun food take away containers that I thought would be great to give cookies to my neighbors in.  They were just plain and boring though.  MDS to the rescue!  I measured the lids and made some new covers for them. 
I made two different versions because, well digital is so easy so why not?  The one on top uses the new Sweet on Christmas download- love it! The version on the bottom uses the punches in the Ornament Keepsakes download, filled with a variety of bright Designer Series paper. 











































I printed out my page, fitting two to a page.  Then I traced the lip to get the corners rounded in just the right way.   One of the great things about MDS is that it works seamlessly with your Stampin' Up! paper crafting tools.  The cute scallop circle in the Sweet on Christmas download is sized to match the 2 3/8 Scallop punch.  Of course, since it's digital, you can resize the image as well, but if you leave it as is, it will be a perfect fit!  Same goes for the Ornament Keepsakes punches, they fit the Ornament Keepsakes framelits! The Ornament Framelits are from last years Holiday Catalog, but are still available online only!  In fact, now until December 2, they are part of the Online Sale and are 25% off!! Get them before they are gone for good :)  item # 127816 $18.71



















I hope you like my MDS projects today!  Maybe I've inspired you to give MDS a try? I hope so! I love it!
Head on over to the next blog on our hop.  You will be treated to what Holly is working on, I am sure it will be fabulous!  Click the link below!
http://createsomethingeveryday.blogspot.com/2013/11/MDSBH11-21.html
 





















6 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness!! Beth, this is such a great idea! Someone had their smarty pants on, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this project. I need a new computer and then the bravery to give mds a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you down load these cute cookie covers?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!