Thursday, February 13, 2014

MDS Blog Hop ~ "What do you love about MDS?"



It's MDS Blog Hop time!  Yea! It feels like its been a while since the last MDS Blog hop, but I think that is because I have been laid up with a hurt knee and I feel like its been forever since I've done much!  But this month our blog hop theme is "What to you love about MDS?" and let me tell you, being stuck on the couch makes you love MDS even more!  My poor stamp pads are being neglected.
If you are unfamiliar with the MDS Blog hop I will let you know what it is about.  Twice a month, the second and fourth Thursdays,  a group of My Digital Studio loving demonstrators link our blogs together to highlight all that you can do with My Digital Studio.  We love MDS and we want you to love it too!  And what do I love the most about it?  Preserving my family memories in pages for the kids to look at for years to come.  When I get out the pictures of the kids as babies they are always interested in how little they were and what they did,  questions are always asked and they giggle about things.  Zachary usually complains that I have captured him in some embarrassing situation, Jillian wants to know if I still have some of those old outfits, David remembers when his siblings were smaller and unable to mess up his things.  Then they say, "where's that page with Kiddie Land" or "remember that picture of all those cicada's  ?"  and the conversation flows.   This is a page I made not for a book, but for my dresser.  I made a similar one a few years back and I wanted an updated one.  Which brings me to another thing I love about MDS, how easy it is to change things in an instant.  Switch out a photo, change a paper, re-size, re-color, re-make.  love it.   For this project I wanted a hybrid look, not a flat page, so I printed out three copies of the page, then cut up different areas to pop-up with dimensionals.   
Here is the page I created. 





















Amazingly like my old one huh?  I just changed the papers in my boxes and the colors of my letters. 















Here is a side view so you can see what I mean about cutting out items and layering them. 














I hope you like my project!  And I hope that you will continue on the Hop and see what the rest of our team has come up with.  Next up is Holly's blog, where I am sure you will find lots to "Love".
http://createsomethingeveryday.blogspot.com/2014/02/MDSBH02-13.html

3 comments:

  1. I love all the cut out pieces! I'm sure that took some time, but it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love it! What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!