Thursday, March 20, 2014

Watercolor Pennants

I am STILL playing around with the Watercolor Wonder Designer Note Cards.  This is one of the 5 patterns  that they come in.  Check the past two days posts to see other patterns, love them!  For this card I wanted to try out a technique that I saw on the Stampin' Up! You Tube channel.  Did you know Stampin' Up had a You Tube Channel?  Well they do!  In the video I watched they were showing how to get a dip dye affect on things like doilies and ribbon.
Stampin' Up's 7/8 Natural Cotton Ribbon is perfect for this. 




I cut the ribbon into little pennants.












I used my markers to add ink to the ribbon, going darker at the bottom and lighter at the top.















Next, I used my Aqua Painters to add water and blend the ink into the ribbon and get rid of any marker lines.















I added baker's twine in three separate pieces, two bows and the center, adhered with glue dots.











 I also used glue dots to attach the pennants by looping the top around the twine.


















Next I used markers to ink up the sentiment stamps from the "One in a Million" stamp set.  I cut them out with a framelit from the Chalk Talk Framelits collection.













 I added Candy Dots to the points on the die and attached it to my card with Dimentionals. 












Thanks for stopping by! I hope you like today's project.  As always, feel free to contact me with any questions.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!