Thursday, June 26, 2014

MDS Blog Hop ~ What are we working on?

Hi everyone!!  It's MDS Blog Hop day!!  Yea!  The MDS Blog Hop is put together by a group of Demos who LOVE MDS!  We hope on the second and fourth Thursday of each month, the first hop having a Theme and the second being a "what are we working on" day.  Well, I am working on Digital Stamp cards!  I have some customers who would like to learn how to better use digital stamps in their crafting, and so I am making up some samples to show.  Then I hope to find a good time to have some ladies over to make some digital stamp cards.   One of the stamp sets I have been thinking of getting is the Wetlands stamp set.  I can't decide if I will get a lot of use out of it, but there was a card online that I thought was really pretty and I wanted to make something like it.  Digital stamps were my solution.  The digital version of this set is just $ 4.95, so I decided that was the way to go.  And I love that I can go from ordered to using the set in just minutes! 

I started out by adding all of the digital elements to an 8 1/2 by 11 page.  I used punch boxes to add the digital paper that I wanted to use ("Sweater Weather" used here).  Another great thing about digital crafting, you wont run out of your favorite patterned paper!  I also added the color washes behind the stamp, these came from the "Be Yourself" download.












I printed out my images on Whisper White paper.














I cut out all my pieces and assembled my cards.














  Some linen thread and a natural button complete the project.














This card was fun too!  I love this digital Download, "Calling all heros".   Inside the card says "thanks" in a fun comic book looking font.








I used dimensionals to pop up the top city scape and the "My Hero!"











And, by having this stamp set in digital format you can add masks and toupees to your babies photos!  Silly but fun.










Well, I hope that you see some fun in using Digital Stamps!  Now hop on over to Holly's blog where you will see what she is working on, I'm sure it will be great!
http://createsomethingeveryday.blogspot.com/http://createsomethingeveryday.blogspot.com/mdsbh06-26





4 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, BETH! Love that card AND all of your steps showing just how you made it with MDS! (and love your super-hero card, too!) When I first came to your blog I was sure that was NOT an MDS card and I love that you proved me wrong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! These turned out GREAT! Love the wash behind the little birds. Just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEEkkk!!!!! Love, love love the Hero cards! You might be brilliant hybriding like that

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!