Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Artisan Inspired Mother's Day

Hello Stampers!  I was looking at some of my Favorite blogs last week and came across some lovely cards using the Mother's Love stamp set from the Occasions Catalog.  This is a really pretty set and I knew I wanted to copy a card from Cindy Schuster's Artisan Blog Hop post, here.  I changed it up a bit to use at a class where I didn't want to bring my heat gun, but the design is pretty much the same. 




I started by stamping the outline flower randomly on Velum Cardstock.  I adhered it to the Calypso Coral card base only in the area under where I knew the white panel would cover any adhesive marks.  I used bits of doily and some glimmer paper for some fancy trim.   I also cut out a separate flower stamped onto Whisper White paper in gold ink for a little embellishment with a tiny punched flower, a pearl, and some seam binding ribbon.









 Here is the inside of the card.  I brought a non-mother's Day version as well in case there were those that did not want to make a Mother's Day specific card. 














The little treat holder is one that I've made a dozen times.  So simple and inexpensive.  Just a strip of cardstock 3 by 6.  score at 2 7/8, then 3 1/8.  Score before you punch!  Then place the paper into the Tag Topper Punch an punch.  So easy.  Add some ribbon and a cute saying to the front and you are done.   Great party favor!






Inside is a little Ghiradelli square chocolate.  Fold the flaps under and it fits perfectly.  I have found that you don't need to use any adhesive, it stays nicely in place.






Thanks so much for stopping by.  Be sure to check out my link to the Artisan Blog Hop at the top of this post. They all have some amazing products. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!