Monday, September 7, 2015

Among the Branches ~ Woodland Embossing Folder

Hello everyone! Are you loving the new Embossing Folder, Woodland?  I am.  I have always loved birch trees and love to draw and paint them, so this folder was right up my alley. There is a Bundle, which is awesome.  You can add the Among the branches stamp set and save 15%.
For this card I embossed a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and used a sponge with some Crumb Cake ink to highlight the trees.  I added some leaves in Old Olive, Hello Honey and Tangelo Twist. 











To help you keep your sponge from getting too much ink on the background, just use a post it note along the edge of the tree and swipe from that side.










The large "Autumn Wishes" circle has the additional words "& tasty dishes" which would work great if making a gift of some yummy pumpkin bread or muffins or something, but as this is just a card for a fall birthday, I needed to cover up that part. 










I covered up the unwanted words by adding a strip of Old Olive paper and a cute wooden leaf.














one of my charcoal sketches


An easy way to add the forked edge to your strip of paper is to use the Bitty Banner punch.  Just use it from the back, only slipping the paper through one side of the punch as shown here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!