Thursday, November 12, 2015

Season to Season Wreath

Hi Everyone!  I finished my Season to Season Wreath today and wanted to share it with you.  I finished most of it a couple weeks back but I wanted to add a Valentine's versions and kept putting it off, thinking on it.  Well, I needed to clear off my desk and so I whipped up a very fast Valentine's Day version super fast and I think it turned out very nice.  I went with Cherry Cobbler to match the Christmas ribbon so changing it out would be super simple. This time of year super simple is really a nice thing don't you think?


Here is my Valentine's Version.  I used the Groovy Love stamp set and sweetheart paper punch for the hearts, and the Watercolor Words and Triple Banner Punch for the tag.


















I learned a few things while making the kit and I thought I would share them with you to save you some time.  One thing realized quickly is that the shapes that you stamp on are hard to see if you leave them on the Vanilla paper that they come on.  Punch them out and place them on a darker surface so that you can see exactly where to stamp.







Here it is finished.  The same goes for all the shapes.   Normally I would stamp first and then punch the image out, but the shapes are perforated so that is not an option.  The stamps are Photopolymere, so you can see through them very nicely if you place the paper on a darker background.


When getting ready to attach the newsprint leaves I was struck by a concern that I would run out before I got all the way around.  I decided that I would divide the wreath into four sections, and then divide the leaves up into four sections so that I made sure to use then evenly around the circle.



I also decided to get an idea about  how much space to leave in between each layer.  I decided that 1/2 an inch between was a good enough amount.  The leaves layer over each other enough to cover  the spaces and I had enough to make it to the next quadrant (barely).












This is how full it looks with the 1/2 inch spacing.
















Once you are finished you will notice that the leaves, even though spaced evenly, do not hang evenly.  This is because they are on a circle and some are falling forward and some backward.  Some are curled slightly more, some lay flatter.
I kept one of the leaf sections aside to trace later just in case.  The leaves are perforated on a 12 by 12 sheet, but there are some spaces in the margin to cut out some extra if needed.  I traced and cut out a dozen, but I think I used only 5 single leaves.  I looked for little spots within the wreath that the Styrofoam showed through or that looked less fluffy, and added my extra leaves there.

The kit comes with Halloween accents as well. I did not use this wreath for Halloween because I still had my super cute spider wreath from last Halloween, which is on sale in the Clearance Rack by the way!  I made up all the peices though because I am sure I will use it another time.







You also get this fun Autumn version, which will go up on my front door later today!









Here is the catalog photo. I think I did pretty good!


Live near me?  I am getting together with some stampy fiends to put the kit together.  I buy the stamps, and bring the ink, you pay for the kit.  Let me know if you are interested, the date is not yet decided.  I am also going to bring supplies to add the Valentine's version for you for Free :)


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


here are the supplies for the Valentine's Add on.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Thanks for stopping by!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!