Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thankful for you treat pouches

Hello my stamping friends!  Today I am sharing a fun little treat pouch that I made recently.  I made 50 of them to be exact.  I love the little pillow box die and knew it would be the perfect thing for small favors for the teacher's dinner.  The PTA makes a dinner for the teachers during the parent teachers conferences and I am on the teacher appreciation committee this year.  I made cup cakes for their dessert, and I put one of these little pouches at each place setting.



I started by making the center images for the pouches.  I used markers to ink up the image, then punched them out with the 2 inch circle punch.









I was able to get 12 out of a sheet of 8 1/2 by 11 cardstock.











Next I cut out all the pillow boxes, using the Old Olive scraps to also pouch out the leaves. 














I wrapped some of the thin gold thread around my fingers and then I adhered it to the back of the main stamped image.








I then adhered my leaves, three paper and one burlap. 









I then attached the center piece to the pillow box, which I had wrapped with a fun strip of designer paper from the Into the woods collection. 














I closed one end of the box with my bone folder.  If you rub the bone folder against the scored edge the flap closes very nicely and you do not need to use any adhesive on the ends.

I filled the pouches with chocolates and mints.

















I made ten in each color. I choose the colors straight from the colors in the designer series paper.







I hope you like my project.  Thanks for stopping by!!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!