Thursday, November 26, 2015

Winter Wonderland

This card is super simple, and the photo is not doing it justice.  I have taken many shots and just can't get it but really just trust me, its really pretty :)
I started out by using a post-it-note to mask off the bottom of the card so that I would have space for the sentiment and embellishment.  Then I just stamped the tree images over and over, high and low.  Then I stamped my sentiment and added the strip of washi tape and the little wooden snowflake.  These snowflakes are super cute and I just ordered a couple more packs because I think they will be great on little treat holders and more cards.  I really like them.



















What you can not see is the glitter.  I wanted to use Dazzling Diamonds, which show up great to the eye, but not in a photo.  I used a two-way glue pen to add splatters of glue.  I did this by getting the tip really wet and letting some glue drop, and also just by randomly adding dots of glue on the trees.  Then I sprinkled the page with Dazzling Diamonds and shook off the excess. It looks sort of like how snow looks falling on your windshield.
The card is based off the one in the Holiday Catalog, almost exactly really, but I wanted to show it to you anyway because maybe you will give it a try and come to love this stamp set as much as I do before it goes away.  I didn't think I needed it because I have Lovely as a tree (really who doesn't) but I bought it anyway and wow I like it.  I am seeing so many fun things with it and as soon as I get back from Thanksgiving I am going to try the one where you stamp directly onto the Woodland embossing folder and then emboss, so that the pine trees end up behind the embossed birch trees.  This looks great and I don't know why I haven't done this yet.Check out all the fun samples I saved at Pinterest!  Love the little Rudolph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!