Thursday, February 25, 2016

Emboss Resist with the Birthday Blooms stamp set

Hello everyone.  Today I am sharing a card we made at Stamp Camp last week.  We used the Emboss resist technique to create the soft flower in the center of the card.  I love this technique because I always like embossing, its fun to see the powder melt before your eyes.  And I like to watch the image emerge when you add ink over a clear embossed image.   For this card we used Mint Macaroon and Watermelon Wonder.   The stamp set is Birthday Blooms.


Start adding your ink with a sponge very lightly so that you can better control the coverage.  You'll want some areas darker and some lighter.














The ruffle is made with the Mint Macaroon lace trim, so soft and pretty.
To add the ruffle I applied a strip of adhesive tear tape to the back of the strip of paper.






Press and fold and press and fold the lave trim onto the adhesive.  I then ran another strip of adhesive on top of the lace and adhere it to the card.




The little dotted paper is from the Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper and the Mint Macaroon stripe is from the It's My Party Paper Stack. 

I made a second version of the card with gold embossing powder and Gold Fancy Designer Velum paper.












Thanks so much for stopping by!  Please feel free to contact me about any of the projects you find on my blog, or about Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!