Monday, February 1, 2016

Hello ~ With Watercolor

Hello everyone!
Today I wanted to showcase the "Hello" Sale-A-Bration stamp set.  You may not have noticed, or maybe if you are super observant you have, that some of the items in the Sale-A-Bration catalog are not available during the whole sale.  There are three items that will end on February 15th.   The Hello stamp set, the Sky's the Limit stamp set and the Perfectly Artistic designer series paper.  These are actually my favorites so I will be sad to see them go.  I decided to play around with the Hello set this week and if you visit my blog often you will know that I love to watercolor.  I searched through my scraps of watercolor paper and found three good sized to work with.
   I started by embossing all three pieces with the large "Hello" stamp.  Then I chose a few color combinations and got to work.


Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder and Pale Plumb.




Soft Sky, Marina Mist and Night of Navy.












Gumball Green, Island Indigo and Night of Navy.













I have a quick tip for inking up some of your skinny stamps.  The skinny stamps, mostly words and sentiments, can often rock into the ink pad when you are inking them up.
I like to ink them with my Stampin' Write Markers instead, so that I could better control the coverage and keep the ink off the edges. 













Another thing that can happen when you paint over an embossed image is that some colors tend to just slide right off the glossy embossing, and others can sit on top of them a bit, such as the Gumball Green in this photo (its even more apparent in person).  Once the watercolor is dry, just rub over the embossed area with a tissue and the remaining ink will come off the image.  You can see that the card in the finished sample has no green on the top of the Hello.


I used markers to ink up the little party hats and stamped them onto watercolor paper as well. then I used the aqua painter to go over the image lightly so that the hats matched the watercolor cards better.  I then cut them out and used a glue dot to attach them.













I recently reorganized some of my craft supplies and realized that I have a LOT of washi tape.  I can't seem to help myself when I see it on such a great sale on the Clearance rack?!  Seriously $1.99 for a three pack?  Too hard to resist. Anyway, I decided that rather than hoard it, I should use it. I thought that a nice addition to my cards would be to add a funner inside and I added a bit of fun tape to the bottom of the area used to write on.  I also had a skinny strip of glimmer paper in my scrap pile so I decided that rather then throw it away, I would use it to add some fun to the inside of the Birthday Girl card.


Here is my Washi Tape stash, quite a bit don't you think?



I hope that you liked today's projects.  Thanks for stopping by!

Check out the Sale-A-Bration catalog here!  Choose a free item with every $50 you spend!






2 comments:

  1. I have the same washi tape problem, I buy it and then don't use it! I like your idea adding it to the inside of the card. GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great cards! Your water coloring is so pretty. I have been trying to use up my washi tape too, inside the card and on the envelope! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!