Thursday, July 28, 2016

With Sympathy

Hello everyone.  Today I want to share a sympathy card that I made this week.
There was an interesting conversation on a demonstrator forum that I go to, and they were talking about sympathy card colors and how it would seem odd to use bight colors. What do you think?  I couldn't decide what I thought on that but I decided to go with the  majority and colors from my Regals collection instead of the brights or
pastels.
 

Do you get Paper Pumpkin? I do and one of the great things that you get each month is the Stampin' Spots. I have all of the Stampin' Up! ink pads and yet it is great to  have these little spots!  They are great to take along when you are bringing supplies to a friends house or to a crop event or something.  And now, you can buy UNINKED spots so that you can use your reinkers to make your own spots in the colors you want. So you don't need to get Paper Pumkin to get the Stampin' Spots anymore!  The spots come in a pack of 5 for $9.00
You can do this technique with markers or large pads as well, but I love the coverage that the pads bring.  Start with the lightest color and then add other colors around your image.  I then stamped the image onto Very Vanilla cardstock and cut it out with the layering circles framelits.







I used Night of Navy and Cajun Craze, which paired perfectly with the Moroccan designer series paper.  I also cut out some of the really pretty elements in the Florishes thinlit dies.  These dies are so lovely!! the intricate leaves and flowers are beautiful accents for cards and scrapbook pages.






I added a piece of Very Vanilla to the inside of the card so that there would be a place to write my message.  I finished the inside with a bit of Washi Tape from the Moroccan collection as well.  I love that Stampin' Up! makes coordinating products that make our cards and pages look great and professional.
I remember once when I was at  a store that had a free make and take.  I had to do the card of course and so I got started and immediately thought "what is with these greens?"  The stamp pad was one tone and the ribbon and button another and not that you can't mix greens but a florescent green button on a muted artichokish base looked odd,  and then the ribbon was polka-dots with white dots on a cream base and although the card images were cute it just looked off. Meh!
That does not happen with Stampin' Up! Love it!!



  Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!