Thursday, August 18, 2016

Fall leaves

Hi Everyone!  I had another card to share using the Thoughtful Branches stamp set.  This time I focused on just the leaves.  I started with a wash with my Aqua Painter using Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Always Artichoke.  To get the crisp edges on the top, bottom and left side, I used washi tape to block off the sides, then water colored the card.  The base is Shimmery White, which is really pretty but doesn't photograph well.  Shimmery white is strong enough to hold up to watercolor techniques and is really lovely, you should give it a try sometime!  Once the water color was dry I added the Thank you and spritzed some gold Wink of Stella onto the background. Next I stamped the leaf image onto Shimmery White cardstock, using my markers to ink up the leaves in multiple colors.



The Thoughtful Branches stamp set is only available for a limited time during August.  Check out this Pinterest Board by the Stampin' Up! Artisan team to see more projects that were made with this fun set.

















You can get just the stamp set, just the dies, or the bundle and save 10%! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!