Monday, September 19, 2016

Hoppy Little Baby ~ shower treats

Hi Everyone!  I have been focusing on a lot of products from the Holiday Catalog lately but today I am going to share a sweet little baby shower favor.  I was asked to come up with a baby shower treat holder and that it be simple, fast and inexpensive. No problem!  I have made this little triangle treat holder many times. It is so easy to make and customize for any occasion.   I used a stamp set called Made With Love.  This is such a sweet stamp set and it co-ordinates with some Framelits to cut out those cute onesies.








The box is not too big, not too small and you can fill it with Hersey kisses or Jordan almonds or whatever you like.  The look cute all stacked up against each other in a display, or at each place setting. 
I used Pink Pirouette cardstock here, as well as Pink Pirouette, Smokey Slate, and Basic Gray ink.  The ribbon is actually Blushing Bride, but the satin sheen on the ribbon makes it work really nicely with Pink Pirouette too. 
The box can be made in various measurements.  I like to be able to get two from one sheet of cardstock.  This box is 8 1/2 by 4 1/2.   I scored the cardstock in half at 4 1/4. Make a little mark half the 4 1/2 side, both ends, and then line up that little mark with the center score line and make an angled score.  Do this on all four sides.




You end up with a piece like this. 
You will now need to make your holes and you simply fold it up and use a hole punch at both sides. 






Now your box looks like this! 
Thread the ribbon through the holes and slightly close the box to fill it with your treats.  Then, pull it closed and tie, no adhesives needed to assemble the box (except for the image on the front) and your guests can open and close it without having to rip it open! And you save on adhesives!



Because they are so simple to make I decided to quickly make up a holiday version. 
I just love the Cookie Cutter Christmas set! I thought it was so clever of the designer to make this Reindeer use the same punch as the gingerbread man!  It's just upside down! Love it!





















Aren't they cute?  I think so!














Product List



Product List

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I think I'll be giving them a try for my next workshop!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!