Thursday, February 23, 2017

Vertical Garden Kit

Hi Everyone!  Today I wanted to share the Vertical Garden kit from Stampin' Up! This kit makes a fun decor piece that you can hand from your door or a wall in your home.  I liked the kit in the catalog and I think it is even nicer in person.
  I made my kit just a little bit different than the catalog by sponging some color onto the succulents. On the Mint Macaron petals I sponged Perfect plum.  I used Rich Razzleberry on both the Tip Top Taupe and Wild Wasabi petals.  For the Garden Green petals I used White ink.  I used Old Olive on the Sweet Sugar plum petals.



I timed myself to see how long it would take to do this project in case anyone asked.  I was able to complete one set of flowers (one of the colors) with sponging, curling the petals, and gluing down the layers in 14 minutes.  There are 5 colors of succulents.  I finished the roses faster at just 12 minutes. Admittedly I am a speedy crafter, so maybe add a bit more time if you are one who likes to take your time.  Add some time for deciding your layout (this took me a long time!) and gluing it all down, plus some time for the banner, and I think you are looking at 2 hours.         The Stampin' Up! kit instructions do not have you do sponging, so you could skip that step if you wanted to and you would go much faster.  I made a video showing the steps and I sped up the video for the repeated motions of sponging and curling the petals so that you wouldn't have to watch all that, and it is still over 25 minutes long. Yikes!
 
The kit and the stamps are sold separately so that you could make several without paying for the stamps more than once.  This would be a good kit to make with a few friends one evening. You could save some money by sharing the stamp set and everyone buying a kit.  If you are in my area and think you would like to do this, I can supply the stamps and ink, your and a few friends buy the kits, and we could have a little girls night out craft party.  Let me know!


 
 
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!