Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Use your scraps! 2 card ideas to help you use those strips of scraps

Hi Everyone!  Many years ago, I wrote up a blog post about using up your paper strip scraps.  You know, those thin little strips we all end with a ton of as we use up are designer series paper. That old blog post continues to get A LOT of views all these years later. Most of the items I used in that post have since been discontinued, so I thought I would make a new sample using scraps.
Here is a link to the old post in case you want to check it out.
  For this version I used the Bold Butterfly die to cut out a butterfly shape from the Background of my cardstock, and instead of using the butterfly, i used the negative space from the cut out.  I placed strips of designer series paper behind the cut out.







On this second version, I adhered strips of designer series paper to a scrap of thin paper (I used the grid paper I work on) and then used the Butterfly thinlit to cut out the shape.









Both samples use the Butterfly Basics stamp set. This is a great stamp set with many images that would be great for layering. I love the two sentiments that come with this set, "Sending wishes your way" and "Happy Birthday" both in a beautiful font.
The designer series paper used here is from the Moroccan collection, which is on sale right now! YAY! .   There are a lot  of great papers and ribbons and more on sale in both the Clearance Rack and the Retirement sections of the online store, click my shop button to go straight to my online store and see the deals!  These are While Supplies Last, so don't delay!








I made a quick video with step by step instructions for both versions of the card. 




Look through your paper stash and see what color combinations you can come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!