Friday, June 9, 2017

Coffee Cafe stamp set, Painted with Real Coffee

Hi Everyone! I have a fun little card to share today.  I was super happy to see a coffee set in the new annual catalog and of course I had to add it to my first order. I am a Coffee addict! I have painted with coffee before, and knew I wanted to do it again with this new set.  The card even smells like coffee! Fun!
I started by stamping very lightly in crumb cake, then used a coffee paint I had made earlier.  To make the coffee paint, I added the last bit of coffee from the pot to a small watercolor paint pallet.  You can use a Styrofoam egg carton, a small saucer, ramekin, whatever.  Let it dehydrate, then add some more with your next  mornings coffee.  Do this for a few days and in the end you will have a little paint pot to use like a watercolor. 











I love to watercolor, and using coffee is just another fun way to do it.  I first tried this in an adult art class I take while the kids are at school.  Shown here is a bigger coffee painting, and a little coffee comic I made in class last year.   

I made a little video to show you step by step.  I hope that you will give it a try.

Product List









7 comments:

  1. Found you on Pinterest - thank you for the awesome video of your awesome card ! SO CUTE !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you found me :) Hope you find some fun inspiration here.

      Delete
  2. I am not a coffee drinker but I will be purchasing this set anyway. I love the idea of painting with the coffee or tea. I have so many fun kinds of tea that has different shades to it. I guess I had better start collecting my little samples so I can try this method. Your coloring is wonderful with coffee or ink!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris, the tea can be fun too! You may have to dehydrate more days than with coffee to get a darker color, but I bet you can have some fun with it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Wendie! And coming from you that is a complement, you are so talented.

      Delete
  4. Oh WOW, I really have to try this! LOVE IT! Thank you so much for sharing, Beth!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!